One of the hottest credit card trends this year involves smart phones. And no, I’m not talking about Google Wallet. I mean, that’s certainly a hot, hot trend, but we’ve got a long way to go before the majority of consumers completely embrace it.
I’m talking about credit card apps for smart phones, especially with a focus on credit card rewards. I mentioned this in a column I wrote for Wise Bread, 7 Hot Credit Card Trends for 2013, this past December. I know a lot of you are reward ninjas, so I want to let you know that Glyph 2.0 for iPhones launched today.
Right now, it’s only available for the iPhone, but I spoke with Mike Vichich, Glyph’s CEO, and he assured me that an Android version is being developed. I was happy to hear that because I don’t have an iPhone. I’m an Android lady. But after talking with Mike and taking a look at the features for this app, I’ve decided to give Glyph a try when the Android version is released.
Here are a few highlights, so you can decide if you want to try it:
- It’s free, which gives me a nice warm feeling right away.
- You can build a 3-card portfolio, which is based on your specific spending patterns.
- Glyph can determine your location and make recommendations for the best credit card to use.
- You can get details about the rewards you can earn when you make a purchase.
- You can keep up with your credit card balances in one place.
- Glyph supports over 300 credit cards.
Since I don’t have an iPhone, I can’t give an opinion from a user perspective. So if you have an iPhone and you decide to try Glyph, please report back and let me know what you think. I’d love to hear your thoughts, whether you’re a rewards ninja or currently an aspiring rewards ninja.